Dr. Love was born in Washington D.C. but grew up in Santa Fe, NM, and is a graduate of Santa Fe High. She then went to Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana and received her Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry Cum Laude, earned her Medical Degree, and began her Otolaryngology residency. Due to the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, she subsequently completed residency with Mount Sinai Department of Otolaryngology in New York City followed by a one year fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Tampa, Florida. Among the many awards she has received are the Paracelsus Award in Toxicology and the History of Medicine Award.
Lily is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Greater Albuquerque Medical Association, New Mexico Medical Society, and American Medical Association. She has served as Chair, Vice Chair, and Member at Large in the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Section for Residents and Fellows and also on the Legislative Action Committee of the Resident section of the American Medical Association. She also served two terms on the Committee for Integrated and Alternative Medicine in the American Academy of Otolaryngology- HNS.
Lily has many interests outside of medicine including activities such as running, sailing, and snowboarding. She makes time to enjoy reading, painting, and traveling as well. She is competent in Spanish and speaks some French, but is interested in learning one or two more languages as well.
Accepting New Patients?
I am accepting new patients.
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Nasal obstruction, Rhinoplasty (cosmetic and funtional), Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), Neck Lift, Otoplasty (correction of ear appearance), Sinus surgery, Skin Cancer of face and neck (removal and reconstruction), Scar revision, Aesthetic Facial Injectables (filler and neurotoxin)
Tulane University, BS, Cum Laude: 1998
Tulane University School of Medicine: 2003
Tulane Department of Surgery, New Orleans, LA: 2003-2004
Tulane Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, New Orleans, LA: 2004-2005
Mount Sinai Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, New York, NY 2005-2008
Fellowship: Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Tampa, FL 2008-2009
Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 2009-present
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2014-present
Tulane AMA-MSS Vice President 1999-2000
Tulane Ethics Committee 2003-2005
Member at Large - AAO-HNS Section for Residents & Fellows 2005-2006
AAO-HNS Resident Representative 2005-2008
Curriculum Committee - Mt. Sinai Dept. of Otolaryngology 2005-2008
Legislative Action Committee – AMA Resident & Fellow Section 2006-2007
Vice Chair - AAO-HNS Section for Residents & Fellows 2006-2007
Chair – AAO-HNS Section for Residents & Fellows 2007-2008
AAO-HNS International Otolaryngology Committee 2007-2009
AAO-HNS Complementary/Integrative Medicine Committee 2008-2011
AAO-HNS Young Physician Committee 2010-2012
Cedars Sinai Ethics Committee 2010-2011
Presbyterian Physician Engagement Committee 2011-2012
Greater Albuquerque Medical Association – Board of Trustees 2011-2014
NMMS – Committee Liaison to Dept. of Health 2013-2015
NMMS – Professional Review & Advocacy Committee 2013-2015
New Mexico Hispanic Medical Association 2012-2014
Women in Otolaryngology legislative representative 2014-2016
New Mexico Medical Review Commission 2013-present
AAFPRS – Women in Facial Plastics 2012-present
AAFPRS – Face to Face 2012-present
AAFPRS – Emerging Trends Committee 2012-present
Santa Fe County Medical Society. – Secretary/Treas 2014-2016
Santa Fe County Medical Society – Chair 2016-present
New Mexico Medical Association – Councilor 2014-present
Desert Montessori Vice Chair Board of Directors 2015-present
Hospital and Healthcare Study Group of Santa Fe 2015-present
St Vincent Foundation Board of Directors 2016-present
Honors and Awards
• Holt Leadership Award September 2010
• 1st Place in Age Division Marathon December 2006
Baton Rouge Beach Marathon
• Resident Humanitarian Travel Grant September 2006
AAO-HNS Humanitarian Efforts Committee
• Paracelsus Award in Toxicology May 2003
Tulane Department of Pharmacology
• Sidney Jacobs Memorial Award May 2003
Tulane History of Medicine Society
• Minority Faculty Development Program September 2002
Harvard Medical School
• 2nd Place in Age Division Marathon March 1999
Dallas Trails White Rock Marathon
VOLUNTEER & INTERNSHIP
• KSFR Radio Show Host Jan 2014-May 2016
“East-West Medicine” Santa Fe, NM
• Flying Doctors of America November 2010, October 2012
Humanitarian Mission Cambodia
• Otology Humanitarian Mission October 2006
Global ENT Outreach Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
• Urgent Care and ENT September 2005
Red Cross Astrodome, Houston
• ENT/Plastics Humanitarian Mission May 2005
Northwest Medical Teams International. Juticalpa, Honduras
• Otolaryngology Mentorship November 2002
Centro Medico Guatemala City, Guatemala
• Government Relations Internship Program Summer 2000
American Medical Association Washington, D.C.
• Bennet J, Love L, Di Maggio S. Bioremediation using M. troyanus. Tulane University. 1996-98.
• George W, Love L. Mississippi River Toxicology Research. Tulane Department of Pharmacology. New Orleans, LA. 1999.
• Garcia M, Smullen J, Love L. The Role of Nitric Oxide Synthase in Tinnitus. Tulane Department of Otolaryngology. New Orleans, LA. 2002.
• Graham D, Barnett R, Love L, Hooper L. Development of Septum Stapler. Ochsner Department of Otolaryngology. New Orleans, LA. 2005.
• Love L, Genden E, Wright C, Seo S, Chan J. The Impact of Endoscopic Zenker’s Diverticulotomy on Geriatric Quality of Life: A Preliminary Report. Mount Sinai Department of Otolaryngology. New York, NY. 2006. Review pending.
• Love L, Lawson W. Cemento-ossifying fibroma of the frontal sinus: Case Report and Literature Review. Mount Sinai Department of Otolaryngology. New York, NY. 2006. Review pending.
• Love L, Reino A. Hypopharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma metastatic to the Transverse Colon: Case Report and Literature Review. Mount Sinai Department of Otolaryngology. New York, NY 2006. Review pending.
• Love, L, Farrior, EH. Lower Lateral Cartilage Symmetry. Tampa, FL 2009.
• Love, L, Farrior, EH. Complications of Injectable Fillers – Case Report. Tampa, FL 2009.
• Love L, Farrior, EH. Periocular anatomy and aging. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America Vol. 18, Issue 3, Pages 411-417.